Committees are the primary way we organize the work of the church and make decisions, and Presbyterians are known for their organization! Serving on a committee allows you to get to know a lot of people and is an opportunity to see the impact of giving back to your church. Committees have unlimited rosters, are open to members and non-members and you can join at any time. With a variety of committees to choose from there is something for everyone, just find the one that fits your interests best.
- Worship & Music
- Charged with supervising and directing the functions related to worship services and the ministry of music. This committee focuses on promoting the activities that lead adults, youth and children to a belief in Jesus Christ and a devoted Christian life.
- Christian Education
- To administer and supervise the teaching ministry, youth fellowship activities, and the subsidiary organizations in the life of the church. This committee also organizes the Annual Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School, the Annual Children's Christmas Program, and others.
- Charged with educating and motivating us about the ways we can give of our time and talents to our community, the state, nation and the world. They organize various mission-focused activities throughout the year and look for ways that we can be of service to others.
- Charged with educating and motivating us about the ways we can give of our financial resources to further the ministry of Heritage.
- Charged with handling the financial aspects of the church. Volunteers on this committee help count and process the offerings on Sunday mornings following worship.
- Building and Grounds
- Charged with maintenance of the facilities. This committee exists with a host of individuals that have different skill sets. All are invited to help with this committee as we take care of His/our house. Areas include landscaping, plumbing, HVAC, painting, tile/carpet, and electricians, etc. We welcome any and all that are willing to roll up their sleeves and help do what needs to be done.
- Human Resources
- Charged with ensuring support staff positions are filled.
- Adding fellowship and fun is the role of this social event planning committee. Sponsored activities include Trivia Nights, bowling outings, campfire cookouts, as well as the monthly Birthday Bash Potluck.