The first service of Heritage Presbyterian was held in September 1890, and was originally known as the Young People's Memorial United Presbyterian Church.
As with any organization, we've seen fluctuations of growth in our membership numbers over the years. We like to say we are a small church in the heart of Lincoln. What that means to us is that no matter the number, people are what makes Heritage the place it is today.
The first location of the church was in a temporary building at 16th & R streets. Due to growth in nearby businesses and the University of Nebraska campus, and an increase in church membership, plans were made to seek a new location for the church. In 1928, a new church was dedicated at it's current location, at the corner of 35th & F streets.
A sanctuary was added to the north side of the church, with the first worship service held on Easter Day, 1957.
Read more about the Presbyterian Church through the historical society.